On this 100th Anniversary of International Women's Day, we're so proud to celebrate women's transformative leadership around the world and pay tribute to those who are changing our world for the better!
We've got a week full of exciting events to commemorate this special anniversary. We hope you will join us where you can, and spread the news about some amazing opportunities to support Vital Voices and the women leaders we have proudly worked with in our 14 years as an organization.
Here's what you need to know about International Women's Week 2011:
• Check out Newsweek's list of 150 Women Who Shake the World, which includes 15 Vital Voices Global Leadership Network women, and our President & CEO, Alyse Nelson.
• Shop DVF in stores and online this week, 10% of sales will benefit Vital Voices. Board member Diane von Furstenberg is holding special events throughout the week at her stores in London, New York,
• Download Judith Hill's "I Believed," first performed at the International Women of Courage Awards today, March 8. Writer and producer Tena Clark is generously donating all proceeds to benefit Vital Voices.
• Join us on March 9 in Maryland for a Special Event at Bloomingdale's in Chevy Chase, hosted by Vital Voices Board members Tracy Bernstein, Bobbie Greene McCarthy and Susan Ness. 10% of tracked sales will benefit Vital Voices. In New York, join us at Saks Fifth Avenue for a Special Event hosted by Board member Diane von Furstenberg, featuring 2010 Global Leadership Award honoree Rebecca Lolosoli. 10% of DVF sales will benefit Vital Voices.
• We're thrilled to partner once again with Tina Brown and The Daily Beast on the second annual Women in the World: Stories and Solutions summit March 10-12 in New York. Vital Voices Global Leadership Network members Phelicia Dell and Rebecca Lolosoli will be featured on a panel with Board member Diane von Furstenberg.
• On March 11, the second annual DVF Awards, held at the UN and hosted by Board member Diane von Furstenberg, will recognize two Vital Voices Global Leadership Network members, Kakenya Ntaiya and Sohini Chakraborty.
• Our Connecticut Council will host Haitian designer and entrepreneur Phelicia Dell on March 13 at the Westport Arts Center. Phelicia will showcase her work and offer her insights on recovery efforts in Haiti.
• In Los Angeles on March 14, Board member Diane von Furstenberg is hosting Vital Voices Global Leadership Network member Phelicia Dell at a Special Event in her store, where she will introduce Proud to be Woman Vol. 2. In Washington, DC, 2010 Global Leadership Award honoree Andeisha Farid's organization, Afghan Child Education and Care Organization, is hosting a Discussion and Fundraiser.
• We're excited to let friends and supporters in our network know that we're partnering in the second annual G(irls)20 Summit, created and sponsored by the Belinda Stronach Foundation and taking place this October in Paris. The delegates, all girls between 18 and 20, will discuss economic challenges facing their countries and design innovative solutions to support strong economies.
• Finally, be sure to join us on April 12 for our Tenth Annual Global Leadership Awards! We're honoring tremendous women leaders from Afghanistan, Cameroon, India and Israel. It's always the most inspiring night of the year, so please be sure to join us in Washington, DC at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Buy tickets and find out more about Sponsorship Opportunities.
Thank you for all that you do, and Happy International Women's Day!
Vital Voices President & CEO
Posted by MLG at 3/08/2011