4/14/2009

NYC Trip





I just got back from New York City! Yes, at the last moment I was surprised with a trip to the big apple because I found out I was awarded first place in the Genuine Design Foundation Essay Competition. The awards were presented yesterday at the Haworth Showroom in conjunction with the grand opening of the NY11 Interior Design Exhibition. I went up yesterday from Washington and had a lovely stay at the Cornell Club, and then I drove back to Ithaca tonight. It was short but sweet, and was very grateful for the opportunity to represent the Cornell Interior Design Department at the event. I loved seeing the work of all 11 institutions represented at the Exhibition. If you're in NYC, it's worth a trip to the showroom to see it! 

12 comments:

Liana said...

sounds like a great trip! i love the contrast of the white and red in that red!!

Lou Lou said...

Congrats on your win, that's fabulous!

Little Bow Prep said...

Congrats!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Congrats! :)

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations! So exciting!

Summer is a Verb said...

That's fabulous!!!

Paisley & Pearls said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting! I love interior design!

One Bite At A Time said...

You have a fun blog! I found you through Sweet Tea Diaries!

Suzanne said...

Congrats Melanie!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on winning your award! You look so happy in the picture and it will be remembered for years.

Miss Janice said...

Awesome and congrats on the award girl!

Kate said...

Congrats!!!