8/10/2009

Cape Cod


I spent the weekend in Cape Cod with my family for a friend's wedding. It was my first time to the Cape, and it definitely charmed me. Perfect weather accompanied the whole weekend. The wedding was in the town of Wellfleet, with a reception at the beautiful Captain Linnell House in Orleans followed by stargazing and s'mores at Skaket Beach. On Sunday morning we had enjoyed a casual brunch at the Chequessett Yacht Club. I'm so happy for the beautiful bride and her new husband. The wedding reminded me of Father of the Bride, it was that beautiful. Another time I would love to come back to the Cape because there is the Walpole Woodworkers and Chatham Sign Shop, which I didn't have time to visit.

6 comments:

Elle said...

Beautiful pictures! I think weddings are so pretty when surrounded by beautiful towns.... I always feel sort of disappointed when walking out of a beautiful wedding reception and onto some shabby downtown street...

QueenBeeSwain said...

how anyone could not help be swept up and away by the beauty of the cape is beyond me too! what a fab weekend you had :)

kHm

Miss Janice said...

How beautiful are these photos...I've never been there, but it is def on my list of places to visit!

Lindsay said...

Glad you had fun on the Cape. I'm from the Cape and it definitely is beautiful!

Little Bow Prep said...

Pretty pictures!

Father of the Bride is a great movie!

preppyinnewengland said...

Just lovely. Wellfleet is one of our favorites. We were just down there a few weeks ago bikeriding on trails and beaching in Eastham. We loovvee Calhoun Beach and the dunes in Wellfleet. So glad you enjoyed your time on Cape Cod.